Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Support Letters
I am sending some of my support letters today. This is what they say:
Halo: Kohom~d~
That is Sinhalese for “Hello. How are you?” As you know, last fall I went on a mission trip to Sri Lanka. It was one of the most eye opening and life altering experiences imaginable. In the two weeks that I was there, I saw God move in incredibly powerful ways that touched many hearts and lives forever. I was taken way out of my comfort zone and spiritually stretched beyond belief…and I have never felt so fulfilled. I discovered more about myself and God during those two weeks than I had in the past two years. Since that time, God has put a program called Youth With A Mission (YWAM) on my heart. YWAM is an international movement of Christians from many denominations dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world.
After prayerfully considering my options, I applied and was accepted to the All Tribes Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Carbrook, Australia. This program will prepare me for full time ministry with cross-cultural evangelism training. The DTS will assist me in gaining knowledge to “go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19),” fulfilling the Great Commission. The school consists of a lecture and an outreach phase that will last for twelve weeks each. To learn more about YWAM or the DTS that I will be attending, please visit http://www.islandbreeze.com.au/. Also, while I am away, I will be journaling and posting pictures at http://jennalewter.blog.com/.
The course starts September 18th, so, I only have a couple of months to prepare for this journey. During that time and, of course, while I am there, I would greatly appreciate your prayers. It is not going to be easy to leave behind my family, friends, job and the wonderful city of Charleston, South Carolina. I am incredibly happy and have been abundantly blessed but, I have come to the realization that worldly success does not equal a purposeful life. My heart’s desire is to know God intimately and make Him known; “Simply put, if [I] am not willing to take what is dearest to [me], whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, [I] can’t be [Jesus’] disciple (Luke 14:33). I hope you understand the difficulty of this calling and know that your prayers are so very important.
I am also responsible for raising $10,000 worth of support. This will pay for the cost of the school, three months of missions work, living expenses and all transportation involved. Please know that any investment you make in God’s Kingdom is more significant than any other you can make on earth – it’s eternal! Anything you could do to aid me financially would be such a blessing. Fortunately, I was able to set up an account with Seacoast Church. If you would like your donation to be tax deductible, please fill out the enclosed form and make your check payable to Seacoast Church.

Thank you and God Bless,



Jenna Lewter
843.696.5674
Originally posted April 26, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home