Friday, August 05, 2005

Support
I am ten weeks away from my tentative departure to Australia. Throughout the entire process, God has taught me so much. For a while, I considered going to Charlotte, North Carolina for the DTS. It seemed like the answer to all of my questions and doubts about going to Australia - I would be close to family and friends (at least for the lecture session), home for the holidays, be able to play a physical part in the start up of Mosaic Church (as well as establish a liason between YWAM and Mosaic)... However, after much prayer and consideration, I truly believe that God has plans for me to go to Australia.
My deepest apologies to those of you (especially Jason) whose hopes were up for me staying nearby. I have been in situations before where I have felt God leading me in a direction that I didn't necessarily want to go. I know that I can rest assured that He has my best interest in mind and that I must be obedient - no matter how difficult it may be. Please let this be a lesson to you all - be open listening to God's whispers and be willing to follow when He pulls on your heart. Satan WILL try to take away and deter you from God's immaculate and fulfilling plans (John 10:10). After considering Charlotte, I know even more now that God wants to take me out of my comfort zone. As my dear friend Mary Mac put it, "to NO ONE in the universe does it make sense to leave the man you love and everything you know and that is how you know my sweet Jenna that there is a God, that you would do something so crazy!" So, I am going to do my best to "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let [my] requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard [my] heart and mind in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7
Lately, I feel as though God has constantly been right by my side - teaching me, knowing me, growing me and showing me that He will take care of me as I trust in Him. I am up to $3568 in financial support and have been blessed with a wonderful (rent free!) home to live in during my time of transition. Through prayers, conversations (pre-Superman), financial support, e-mails, cards, phone calls, letters and hugs, I have also been shown the great extent of supportive friends that God has put in my life for a time such as this. Thank you all so very much. Please keep it up!
Originally posted July 6, 2005

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna, that's an awesome blog. I can't wait to read more. Please update whenever you get the chance. It's so awesome to hear about someone who has a heart for God and for his purpose. Keep up the good work and we'll be praying for you.

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna, welcome to blogging! :) I love hearing what God is doing in your life! How encouraging to anyone who reads it! I totally understand where you're coming from. I had lots of big desicions to make as well. I will be sure to keep you in my prayers and keep checking up on your blog. I miss you girl and can't wait to see you again. My prayers are with you.

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know you played great tonight! Go Team Jason! (That's softball to anybody who cares)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home