Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Updates

Okay, I have been super slack on my blogging lately and I am sorry. For the past week and a half, I have literally been overwhelmed with information on the Holy Spirit (last week) and Spiritual Warfare (this week). I couldn’t begin to tell you all that I have learned – I haven’t even had time to process it all myself – but my personal highlight of the Holy Spirit week was learning about the Power and Spirit of Elijah. Before last week, I am not even sure that I knew anything about the Spirit of Elijah, but the basis is that it is a prophetic call to prepare the bride of Christ for Jesus’ return. It coincides with a Spirit of Repentance, Healing and Reconciliation. We are called to draw the treasure out of people. John the Baptist had the Spirit of Elijah on him (Luke 1:15-17) to prepare the way for the first coming of Christ, but it now applies to the context of Christ’s return to reign on earth for 1,000 years. I also learned a lot of innovative details about the Five Fold Ministry (Eph 4:11) and the Gifts of the Spirit (1 Cor 12:8-10). As for this week, I’ll just say this… I thought I knew a good bit about Spiritual Warfare and over the past couple of days I haven’t even been able to keep up with new information that we are being fed. It’s crazy. We have been so blessed with wonderfully anointed teachers.

Last weekend was a free weekend so Saara and Johanna and I went to Surfer’s Paradise to celebrate Johanna’s birthday. It was really nice to get off the base and away from so many people. We just relaxed on the beautiful beach (water is still a little too cold for me to go surfing!), shopped a bit and Johanna’s mom paid for us to go to a really nice dinner.

I have found out some info about the India trip. We will be staying in a village on the outskirts of Bangalore. There will be no running water – that means bucket showers and holes in the ground for toilets (oh yeah!). This realization has helped me to really appreciate our base bathrooms! It’s going to be like heaven when I return to the States. Anyways, there are 25,000 people in the village and 1% are Christian. They cannot speak English and we cannot speak Tamil (their primary language) so that is going to make for some interesting ministry time. The majority probably can’t even read so it’s not like we can just show them a Bible passage. If you have any skit, drama, dance or other ministry ideas, please feel free to share. Otherwise, our team could really use your prayers.

~Shout Outs ~ I want to give a shout out to Carrie Davis and the little one that God is knitting inside her as I type. I also want to give a shout out to my awesomely supportive boyfriend Jason Surratt – you are unbelievable and I can’t wait to see your gorgeous face in just 43 days!
That’s all for now. I should be sending out some new snapfish photos soon. If you haven’t received them and would like to, please just send me an e-mail and I will be happy to get you the link.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Your "Shout-Out" made my night! Thanks for thinking of me all the way across the ocean...you are missed.
Love,
Carrie

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

It sounds like you are going to have an amazing experience with the language and culture barriers. I would like the link to the photos- I love pictures. And I love hearing about what you are learning.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Amy G-side said...

Hey girly,
Glad to see that you are keeping everyone updated through your blog. I'll add you to my page!!

We are still truckin' along in good ole' Charlotte!! Miss ya lots!!

I look at your "remember me" prayer card every morning when I'm getting ready. Exciting to hear all the awesome things God is teaching you.

love, love!
~Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home