Thursday, September 22, 2005

Orientation is going great. We have discussed the history of YWAM and Island Breeze (the subdivision of YWAM in which I am enrolled), cross cultural relationships, quiet time, small groups and work duties. Learning about the foundation and vision of Island Breeze was really cool. It all stemmed from one man’s holy discontent. I have decided that one thing that I really want to gain from my whole DTS experience is finding my holy discontent. Just one thing that gets me so fired up that I absolutely have to do something about it – one pure and holy passion for which I can focus my God given gifts.

In discussing quiet time, someone compared it to our spiritual food for the day. If we don’t eat, we get thin. If we don’t have a daily quiet time with our creator, we will become spiritually thin. One of the best things about being here is that I have been able to wake up early and have abundant amounts of time to spend with the Lord. I am not rushed to get ready for work or to go shopping or to the beach (I couldn’t go anywhere even if I wanted to). I can focus all of my attention on knowing Jesus more intimately. My goal is to become spiritually overweight by the time this DTS is over. How is your spiritual weight?

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Rick said...

there with you on being away from home being an excellent time to get up early and focus on the spiritual. sounds like fun!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi babe, All you are learning sounds very exciting.I've read of the 'one thing' concept-focus leads to expertise. Elizibeth George talks about having 5 fat files; determine 5 areas (ex.love, faith,patience, forgiveness, encouragement) you want to become very knowledgable about then study scripture and collect information about those areas. After a period of time you become an expert resource on those subjects. I miss our morning commute talks, but so glad you are enjoying time alone with God. Love you so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home